Skip to main content
Radiology - Learning Center
Introduction to Radiology
Anatomy Teaching Links
Radiology Teaching Files
- http://brighamrad.harvard.edu/education.html Site of one of the first WWW Radiology teaching files. Large number of cases and links.
- http://www.visn1.med.va.gov/boston/radiology/radcases/caseindx.htm Boston VAMC Radiology Case of the Week Index, 90 cases are divided into GI, GU, Neuro, Chest, Nuclear Medicine, Vascular, Bone.
- http://www.med.univ-rennes1.fr/cerf/iconocerf/index_an.html Iconocerf is an Electronic Image Base produced by the CERF and the SER. 3860 cases. Medical School of Rennes. Includes clinical cases translated from French.
- http://www.rad.rpslmc.edu/casestudies.html A descriptive site that focuses on gatrointestinal surgical procedures and their postoperative imaging appearance.
- http://www.mamc.amedd.army.mil/williams/TF/Indextf.htm Cases best viewed at 800x600 resolution, with millions of colors. Take cases randomly or presented by organ systems or imaging modality.
- http://www.meddean.luc.edu/lumen/MedEd/elective/student.htm Created by medical students at Loyola University Medical Center as part of a Radiology elective.
- http://mritutor.com/mriteach/ MRI Teaching Files organized according to organ sustem. Total of cases: 60. Ray Ballinger.
- http://chorus.rad.mcw.edu/ CHORUS-Collaborative Hypertext of Radiology. "Lists" of diseases with radiological findings. One of the oldest online. Charles E. Kahn, M.D., University of Wisconsin.
- http://www.mamc.amedd.army.mil/williams/GU/GUTOC.htm Collection focuses on the Genito-Urinary system.
- http://www.rad.washington.edu/mskbook/ Approaches To Differential Diagnosis In Musculoskeletal Imaging. This is an ecellent example of an internet "text" for education that was released 3/25/99. Michael L. Richardson, M.D., University of Washington.
- http://www.cpdx.com/cpdx/main.htm This site has many images and links to images regarding the role of ultrasound in prenetal diagnosis. Images are in GIF format and download quickly.
- http://brighamrad.harvard.edu/Cases/bwh/hcache/group-list-index.html A list of special teaching collections authored by members of the Brigham and Women's Department of Radiology. Several Nuclear medicine teaching files are linked here.
- http://www.chestx-ray.com/ Site devoted to thoracic imaging with many links with a more public section describing all of the modalities and their protocols. One link is designed for medical students.
- http://www.radiology.co.uk/xrayfile/xray/ The Scottish Radiological Society hosts this site, and there are links as well as tutorials and case presentations.
- http://www.uhrad.com/ There are a lot of teaching files available on this site which is maintained by the University Hospital's Department of Radiology, Cleveland, Ohio.
- http://www.medlib.iupui.edu/hw/rad/radteach.htm A recently updated list of teaching file sites.
- http://edline.rad.msu.edu/ Images, case presentations and anatomy correlation from Michigan State University Radiology.
- http://www.skeletalrad.org/teachingfiles.htm From the Society of Skeletal Radiology WWW site, Felix Chew, M.D. site curator, with peer reviewed musculo-skeletal teaching file sites nicely linked.
- http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/smd/rad/RAD602/Index.html University of Rochester School of Medicine Radiology 602 Medical Student teaching files, Susan Comerci, M.D.
- http://www.mds.qmw.ac.uk/radiology/ This web site provides radiology cases from the teaching film collection at St Bartholomew's and the Royal London Hospital. It is organized into two parts, a quiz section and a searchable database of all the cases on this web site.
- http://ej.rsna.org/ej2/0071-98.fin/database.html From 1998 Radiology Electronic Journal article summarizing T.F. links on RSNA.org.
- http://radiology.hscbklyn.edu/internet/edu.htm "This is a list of selected teaching files used by members of our department. There are more teaching files available through our Department of Radiology link." From SUNY Brooklyn.
- http://www.radiology.wisc.edu/TEACH/teach.htm Another T.F. site from University of Wisconsin, Madison.
Useful Websites for THORACIC
Radiological Associations, Organizations, Societies
- American Association for Women Radiologists (AAWR) AAWR was founded to provide a forum for issues unique to women in radiology, radiation oncology and related professions; sponsor programs that promote opportunities for women; and facilitate networking among members and other professionals.
- American Association of Medical Dosimetrists (AAMD) The AAMD is an international society established to promote and support the medical dosimetry profession.
- American Board of Radiology (ABR) The ABR is one of 24 medical specialty boards that make up the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS). Through ABMS, the boards work together to establish common standards for physicians to achieve and maintain board certification.
- American College of Radiology (ACR) The ACR include radiologists, radiation oncologists, medical physicists, interventional radiologists, nuclear medicine physicians and allied health professionals.
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM) The purpose of the AIUM is to advance the art and science of ultrasound in medicine and research through educational, scientific, literary and professional activities.
- American Osteopathic College of Radiology (AOCR) AOCR is the principal organization serving osteopathic radiologists.
- American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) ARDMS promotes quality care and patient safety through the certification and continuing competency of ultrasound professionals.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) ARRT is the world’s largest credentialing organization that seeks to ensure high quality patient care in medical imaging, interventional procedures, and radiation therapy.
- American Roentgen Ray Society (ARRS) The ARRS is the first and oldest radiology society in the United States.
- American Society of Echocardiography (ASE) ASE is an organization of professionals committed to excellence in cardiovascular ultrasound and its application to patient care through education,advocacy, research, innovation and service to our members and the public.
- American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT) The mission of the ASRT is to advance the medical imaging and radiation therapy profession and to enhance the quality of patient care.
- Association for Medical Imaging Management (AHRA) AHRA is the professional organization representing management at all levels of hospital imaging departments, freestanding imaging centers, and group practices.
- Canadian Association of Radiologists (CAR) The CAR is the national specialty society for radiologists in Canada.
- International Society for Clinical Densitometry (ISCD) The ISCD is a multidisciplinary, nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing excellence in the assessment of skeletal health by:
- Promoting education and a broader understanding of the clinical applications of bone mass measurement and other skeletal health assessment technologies.
- Joint Review Committee on Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JRCDMS) The JRCDMS is the accrediting agency for diagnostic medical sonography education programs.
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) JRCERT provides accreditation of traditional and distance delivery educational programs in radiography, radiation therapy, magnetic resonance, and medical dosimetry.
- Medical Dosimetrist Certification Board (MDCB) The MDCB steers the advancement of the Medical Dosimetry profession by establishing certification and continuing education standards to enhance quality patient care.
- Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) RSNA is an international society of radiologists, medical physicists and other medical professionals. It publishes two top peer-reviewed journals: Radiology, the highest-impact scientific journal in the field, and RadioGraphics, the only journal dedicated to continuing education in radiology.
- Section for Magnetic Resonance Technologists (SMRT) SMRT, a section of the International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM), provides an international forum for education, information and research in magnetic resonance for technologists and radiographers throughout the world.
- Society for Imaging Informatics in Medicine (SIIM) SIIM is devoted to advancing the field of medical imaging informatics through education and research.
- Society for Vascular Ultrasound (SVU) SVU represents vascular technologists, vascular physicians, vascular lab managers, nurses, and other allied medical ultrasound professionals.
- Society of Breast Imaging (SMI) The mission of the SBI is to save lives through early detection, quality education, and trusted information provided to patients, physicians and organizations worldwide.
- Society of Computed Body Tomography and Magnetic Resonance (SCBT-MR) The mission of the SCBT-MR is to improve patient care through the appropriate use of CT and MR by fostering innovative research and educating radiologists.
Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging (SNMMI) SNMMI is a nonprofit scientific and professional organization that promotes the science, technology and practical application of nuclear medicine and molecular imaging.
Obtaining Further Help
Further help can be obtained via a number of different methods:
- Check the Library home page.
- See the Library staff at the Reference/Circulation desk.
- Use the Ask A Librarian from which we aim to respond to within 2 working days
- Take a Library skills course - see our our Information Lieracy page.
Copyright © 2016 Alfaisal University Library. All Rights Reserved.
Tel: +966 1 2158948 Fax: +966 1 2157845 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org