Skip to main content
Selected Databases for Health Economics & Management Related Websites
American Hospital Association
Represents hospitals and healthcare communities and includes information on current Acts, Congressional budgets, etc.
Health Care Trends and Costs
- America's Health Rankings Annual rankings showing each state's healthy status. Uses 22 different health measures to arrive at ratings.
- Employer Health Benefits Annual Survey Shows results of annual survey that tracks trends in employer-provided health insurance coverage.
- Trends and Indicators in the Changing Health Care Marketplace From the Health Care Marketplace Project, this report look sat trends in the health care market, focusing on vulnerable populations of health care consumers, such as the elderly or poor.
- Trends in Health Care Costs and Spending Facts from The Kaiser Foundation, focusing on health care costs, including information about spending on services, sources for spending, and employer-sponsored health insurance.
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) A branch of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the AHRQ works to make health care services safer and more efficient.
- The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) From the NCQA, a private, non-profit group that examines and reports on health care issues, this Web site allows users to obtain reports on NCQA-accredited health plans, view an annual reoprt on health care quality, and examine these issues over time.
- Quality Check From the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, this tool allows searches for health care organizations, including those not accreditated by the commission.
- National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) A division of the Center for Disease Control, the NCHS maintains records and data related to health and vital (birth, death, etc.) statistics.
- Dartmouth Atlas of Healthcare Use this Web site to access detailed information and analyses related to the distribution of health care resources. Compare data related to hospital expenditures, medicare payments, rates of procedures and treatments, and other information.
- Survey of Health Care Consumers The Deloitte Center for Health Solutions conducts an annual survey to track the health care consumers' attitudes and behaviors regarding health care.
- The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) Access the CBO's reports on federally-funded health care programs, including Medicare, Medicaid, pharmaceuticals, and the public and private health care industries.
- The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation This private nonprofit examines various issues related to health care, including how U.S. health care policies affect the global health care market. This site provides access to a wealth of health care data, including reports, surveys, fact sheets, etc.
- The Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MedPAC) MedPAC, an independent Congressional agency, disseminates large amounts of data on topics ranging from health care spending, health care quality, health care plans, physicians, insurance benefits, etc.
- National Health Policy Forum From Georgetown University, this nonpartisan group works to provide congressional staffers and federal workers with accurate and up-to-date information related to health care policy. Access a variety of sources on Medicare, Medicaid, health insurance programs, pharmaceuticals, etc.
- Community Health Status Indicators: The site presents an overview of key health indicators for local communities. There are statistics related to life expectancy, causes of deaths, infant mortality etc.
- Health Data Interactive: Health Data Interactive presents tables with national health statistics for infants, children, adolescents, adults, and older adults. Tables can be customized by age, gender, race/ethnicity, and geographic location.
- Kaiser Family Foundation: The Kaiser Family Foundation is a non-profit foundation focusing on the major health care issues facing the U.S., as well as the U.S. role in global health policy. Its work includes running its own research programs.
- National Center for Health Statistics: This site provides access to large amounts of US health and vital statistics, including material on aging, births, deaths, diseases, health care and health insurance.
- State Health Facts: Statehealthfacts.org is a project of the Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation and is designed to provide free, up-to-date, and easy-to-use health data on all 50 states and on more than 500 health topics.
- World Health Organization Statistical Information System: WHOSIS, the WHO Statistical Information System, is an interactive database bringing together core health statistics for the 193 WHO Member States.
- Massachusetts Community Health Information Profile (MassCHIP) - Health and Human Services: MassCHIP provides access to 36 health status, health outcome, program utilization, and demographic data sets for Massachusetts. From this site you can generate two types of community level reports, 1) Instant Topics and 2) Custom Reports, as well as charts and maps.
Careers in Health Economics & Management
Professional and Research Websites
Health Economics & Management in Saudi Arabia
Copyright © 2016 Alfaisal University Library. All Rights Reserved.
Tel: +966 1 2158948 Fax: +966 1 2157845 Email:email@example.com