Skip to main content
Biomedical sciences Related Websites
- RCSB Protein Data Bank Provides a variety of tools and resources for studying the structures of biological macromolecules and their relationships to sequence, function, and disease.
- NCBI Taxonomy Allows users to browse GenBank records by names of all organisms that are represented in the genetics databases with at least one nucleotide or protein sequence.
- Biotech/Biomedical blog This blog discusses current affairs in the biotechnology and biomedical areas.
- Biomedical Sciences blog "This is a site to promote education and career development in biotechnology and biomedical related fields."
Useful Websites for Biomedical sciences
A comprehensive list of links to internet resources for preclinical sciences compiled by Harvard University.
A life sciences resource developed by University of Texas. Includes a Life Science Dictionary and a Chemical Acronyms Database. The Science Resources, Bioinformatics, and Professional Resources are especially useful.
Faculty of 1000
A literature awareness tool highlighting and reviewiing the most interesting papers published in the biological sciences and medical research, based on the recommendations of a faculty of well over 1000 selected leading researchers.
Google™ Scholar Beta
Google's web search tool focusing on scholarly literature, including peer-reviewed papers, theses, books, preprints, abstracts and technical reports from all broad areas of research. Includes both open access and commercial content with links to available Library full text and FindIt! linking service. Still in Beta test mode.
Scirus is a comprehensive science-specific search engine on the Internet.
Other Useful Resources
- CDC Center for Disease Control.
- Drugs.com Drugs.com provides accurate and independent information on more than 24,000 prescription drugs, over-the-counter medicines & natural products. This material is provided for educational purposes only and is not to be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
- Health Finder A government web site where you will find information and tools to help you stay healthy.
- Healthy People Healthy People provides science-based, 10-year national objectives for improving the health of all Americans.
- Lippincott's Nursing Center Lippincott's NursingCenter.com is the premier destination site for clinical and professional informational needs.
- National Institute of Health NIH is nation’s medical research agency.
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Web Sampler of Resources for Nursing Professionals
- WebMD WebMD provides valuable health information.
The Vaccine Page
- Current news about vaccines and an annotated database of vaccine resources on the web
Obtaining Further Help
Further help can be obtained via a number of different methods:
- Check the Library home page.
- See the Library staff at the Reference/Circulation desk.
- Use the Ask A Librarian from which we aim to respond to within 2 working days
- Take a Library skills course - see our our Information Lieracy page.
Copyright © 2016 Alfaisal University Library. All Rights Reserved.
Tel: +966 1 2158948 Fax: +966 1 2157845 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org