Skip to main content
Clinical Pharmacy Related Websites
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration “The FDA is responsible for protecting the public health by assuring the safety, efficacy, and security of human and veterinary drugs, biological products, medical devices, our nation’s food supply, cosmetics, and products that emit radiation. The FDA is also responsible for advancing the public health by helping to speed innovations that make medicines and foods more effective, safer, and more affordable; and helping the public get the accurate, science-based information they need to use medicines and foods to improve their health.” Web site includes regulations, alerts, news, and many informative links. See especially “Information for Health Professionals”
- RxMED A web site edited by physicians for physicians and patients. The scope of coverage includes information about 3000 prescription pharmaceuticals and 400 illnesses, as well as articles written by experts.
- RxList Reports information on over 5000 products, updating every few days. FDA reports are updated yearly. Includes side effects, drug interactions, and prices.
- (Basic Reference books in Pharmacology are indicated in the Nursing Research Guide under “Additional Resources”
- Johns Hopkins Antibiotic Guide Free searchable site provided by Johns Hopkins Division of Infectious Diseases, which provides “point-of-care” information about the diagnosis and treatment of infectious diseases. Requires registration to search by diagnosis, pathogen, and antibiotics. Site also provides free material for the pocket Blueberry, Pocket PC, and Palm. News and literature reviews are also featured.
- SafeMedication.com American Society of Health-System Pharmacists’ web page about the safe and effective use of pharmaceuticals.
- The Vaccine Page A member of the “Allied Vaccine Group” , “The Vaccine Page” offers news, a database for searching reliable information about vaccines, and links to the official web pages on vaccines by country, organization, provider or the public, as well as to some full-text articles.
- eDruginfo.com Published by Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, this site provides additional links to drug updates, patient teaching, weekly herbal features, tools to be used in patient care (requires free registration), links to agencies, organizations and companies, reference books, and news summaries.
Massachusetts General Hospital Pharmacy Department Such web pages give policies, procedures and guidelines, formulary, IV medication guides, links to various web sites for organizations and pharmacy resources.
Chemist and Druggist
News, jobs and articles for the UK pharmacy community
This website produced by the NHS gives a good context of the information available to patients.
PJ Online provides a wide range of information, including news, full online access to three journal titles (Pharmaceutical Journal, Clinical Pharmacist and Hospital Pharmacist), advice for working pharmacists and career resources for Pharmacy students.
The IUPHAR/BPS Guide to Pharmacology
This website is an authoritative source of pharmacological information developed by The British Pharmacological Society (BPS) and the International Union of Basic and Clinical Pharmacology (IUPHAR).
Martindales Virtual Pharmacy, Pharmacology & Toxicology Center
Martindale's gateway to online resources in pharmacy, with a heavy American bias
Contains a general medical dictionary, a dictionary of medical abbreviations, as well as news and online resources for the pharmaceutical industry.
RxList: the Internet Drug Index
Founded by pharmacists in 1995, this is the premier online drug index resource. It offers detailed and current pharmaceutical information (such as articles and data) on brand and generic drugs.
Drug Information for Pharmacology
Obtaining Further Help
Further help can be obtained via a number of different methods:
- Check the Library home page.
- See the Library staff at the Reference/Circulation desk.
- Use the Ask A Librarian from which we aim to respond to within 2 working days
- Take a Library skills course - see our our Information Lieracy page.
Copyright © 2016 Alfaisal University Library. All Rights Reserved.
Tel: +966 1 2158948 Fax: +966 1 2157845 Email:email@example.com