Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How to Find Specific Journal
Go to the Library Homepage
Click on E-Journal Finder
You can search our E-journal Finder by exact title of the journal “Title begins with” or by one word in the journal title “Title contains” or you can use “Browse e-journals by subject” and click on the drop box and select your subject
Google Scholar is a freely-accessible Web search engine that indexes the full text of scholarly literature across an array of publishing formats and disciplines
How to Find Articles & Journals in the Library
Library databases are used to locate references to journal articles, newspaper articles, chapters of books, research reports, book reviews, and conference proceedings. When choosing a database to search you may want to consider geographic coverage, subject specialization, availability of full-text and time period coverage. Library staff can assist you with choosing databases and finding information for your topic. The Library Subject Guides provide you with a quick start list of databases relevant to your subject area.
Tips for Better Database Searching
- define keywords
- direction words
- limit words
- linking search terms
- complex searches
- too much information
- not enough information
Librarians can also help you with any questions you have. Speak with them in person or send a query online to Ask A librarian
Selected Databases for Engineering
- Applied Science & Technology Full Text (H.W. Wilson) Applied Science & Technology Full Text™ contains indexing and abstracts for nearly 800 core English-language, scientific and technical publications back to 1983. Full text of articles is available from more than 220 periodicals dating back to 1997. Content includes coverage of a wide variety of applied science specialties—acoustics to aeronautics, neural networks to nuclear and civil engineering, computers and informatics and much more.
- Art & Architecture Index Art & Architecture Index is a comprehensive bibliographic database that provides cover-to-cover indexing and abstracts for more than 800 periodicals and over 230 books, as well as selective coverage for over 70 additional publications.
- Cambridge Journals Full Collection Cambridge University Press currently publishes over 300 peer-reviewed academic journals for the global market containing the latest research from a broad sweep of subject areas.
- Computer Science Index Computer Science Index offers abstracting and indexing of academic journals, professional publications, and other reference sources at the highest scholarly and technical levels of computer science. The collection covers more than 6,500 periodicals and books, with coverage going back to the mid-1960s.
- IOP - Science Journal articles from the Institute of Physics.
- NASA Astrophysics Data System Journals The Astrophysics Data System (ADS) is a NASA-funded project which maintains four bibliographic databases containing more than 3.6 million records: Astronomy and Astrophysics, Instrumentation, Physics and Geophysics, and preprints in Astronomy.
- Springer Link Access to over 1,200 peer-review full text journals mostly in the medical and engineering disciplines. Most journals provide PDF of articles from 1996 to present.
- ScienceDirect Over 2,500 peer-review journals and 6,000 e-books published by Elsevier are indexed. This is a scientific database covering the physical, life and health sciences, as well as the social sciences and humanities. Full-text articles are available from 2007.
- World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology (WASET) (WASET) is an open access full text database of peer-reviewed scientific literature.
IEEE The IEEE/IET provides access to full text articles published since 1988 with select content published since 1893 from IEEE journals, transactions, and magazines, including early access documents; IEEE conference proceedings; IET journals (formerly IEE); IET conference proceedings. IEEE published standards and redlines versions and IEEE draft standards. IEEE Standards Dictionary Online. IEEE eLearning Library: all IEEE educational courses through the IEEE Learning Management System.
Selected Journals for ARE220 Construction Drawing T
Copyright © 2016 Alfaisal University Library. All Rights Reserved.
Tel: +966 1 2158948 Fax: +966 1 2157845 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org