Skip to Main Content
How to Find Specific Journal
Go to the Library Homepage
Click on E-Journal Finder
You can search our E-journal Finder by exact title of the journal “Title begins with” or by one word in the journal title “Title contains” or you can use “Browse e-journals by subject” and click on the drop box and select your subject
Google Scholar is a freely-accessible Web search engine that indexes the full text of scholarly literature across an array of publishing formats and disciplines
How to Find Articles & Journals in the Library
Library databases are used to locate references to journal articles, newspaper articles, chapters of books, research reports, book reviews, and conference proceedings. When choosing a database to search you may want to consider geographic coverage, subject specialization, availability of full-text and time period coverage. Library staff can assist you with choosing databases and finding information for your topic. The Library Subject Guides provide you with a quick start list of databases relevant to your subject area.
Tips for Better Database Searching
- define keywords
- direction words
- limit words
- linking search terms
- complex searches
- too much information
- not enough information
Librarians can also help you with any questions you have. Speak with them in person or send a query online to Ask A librarian
Selected Databases for Business
- Business Source Complete Business Source Complete is the world's definitive scholarly business database, providing the leading collection of bibliographic and full text content. As part of the comprehensive coverage offered by this database, indexing and abstracts for the most important scholarly business journals back as far as 1886 are included. In addition, searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,300 journals.
- Cambridge Journals Full Collection Cambridge University Press currently publishes over 300 peer-reviewed academic journals for the global market containing the latest research from a broad sweep of subject areas.
- EBSCOhost Research Databases EBSCO is a multidisciplinary database covering the social sciences, business and engineering disciplines.
- Emerald Emerald contains the journals and books in the areas of business and social sciences from one publisher only, Emerald Group Publishing. All journals and all but the most recent books are available in full text.
- JSTOR –Business I, II, III JSTOR databases are multidisciplinary databases that cover business, education, language, literature, and science. Provides an historical perspective because coverage starts as early as the 1900s and extends up to 3-5 years prior to the current year.
- OECD iLibrary OECD iLibrary is the online library of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) featuring its books, papers and statistics and is the gateway to OECD's analysis and data. OECD iLibrary also contains content published by the International Energy Agency (IEA), the Nuclear Energy Agency (NEA), the OECD Development Centre, PISA (Program for International Student Assessment), and the International Transport Forum (ITF).
- ProQuest Central ProQuest Central is the largest, multidisciplinary, full-text database available in the market today. This resource provides access to 27 of ProQuest's most highly used databases, with a variety of content types across over 160 subjects, making this the broadest single research resource in the world.
- World Bank Database This site is meant to provide all users with improved access to World Bank data and to make that data easy to find and use.
Selected Journals for MGT 118 Introduction to Information Systems
Copyright © 2016 Alfaisal University Library. All Rights Reserved.
Tel: +966 1 2158948 Fax: +966 1 2157845 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org