Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How to Find Specific Journal
Go to the Library Homepage
Click on E-Journal Finder
You can search our E-journal Finder by exact title of the journal “Title begins with” or by one word in the journal title “Title contains” or you can use “Browse e-journals by subject” and click on the drop box and select your subject
Google Scholar is a freely-accessible Web search engine that indexes the full text of scholarly literature across an array of publishing formats and disciplines
How to Find Articles & Journals in the Library
Library databases are used to locate references to journal articles, newspaper articles, chapters of books, research reports, book reviews, and conference proceedings. When choosing a database to search you may want to consider geographic coverage, subject specialization, availability of full-text and time period coverage. Library staff can assist you with choosing databases and finding information for your topic. The Library Subject Guides provide you with a quick start list of databases relevant to your subject area.
Tips for Better Database Searching
- define keywords
- direction words
- limit words
- linking search terms
- complex searches
- too much information
- not enough information
Librarians can also help you with any questions you have. Speak with them in person or send a query online to Ask A librarian
Selected Databases for Health and Medical Sciences
- BMJ - British Medical Journals BMJ journals represent some of the leading titles in the medical field.
- CINAHL Plus® with Full Text CINAHL Plus® with Full Text is the world's most comprehensive source of full text for nursing & allied health journals, providing full text for more than 770 journals indexed in CINAHL®. This authoritative file contains full text for many of the most used journals in the CINAHL index – with no embargo. CINAHL Plus with Full Text is the definitive research tool for all areas of nursing and allied health literature.
- ClinicalKey ClinicalKey is a clinical insight engine designed to quickly return point-of-care, educational, and research information with a single keyword search. MEDLINE citations, research articles, book chapters, point-of-care summaries, images, charts, graphs, and video procedures are all included in result sets. ClinicalKey replaces Elsevier's longstanding MD Consult, Procedures Consult, and First Consult platforms.
- Jaypee Digital Medical eBooks Jaypee Digital is offering a wide choice of professional and reference books, journals and most importantly a few thousand surgical video clips. It is one comprehensive source of medical information from top Indian and overseas Key Opinion Leaders in the industry with evidence and case based publishing program from India. Jaypee Digital gives access to more than 1215 e-books from Jaypee and 2250 videos on surgical procedures performed by experts from across the world. It includes various medical subject categories which encompass E-books, Journals and Procedural and Surgical Videos for academicians, students and also practitioners.
- MEDLINE Complete MEDLINE Complete provides authoritative medical information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, pre-clinical sciences, and much more. MEDLINE Complete uses MeSH (Medical Subject Headings) indexing with tree, tree hierarchy, subheadings and explosion capabilities to search citations from over 5,400 current biomedical journals. MEDLINE Complete is also the world's most comprehensive source of full text for medical journals, providing full text for over 1,800 journals indexed in MEDLINE. Of those, more than 1,700 have cover-to-cover indexing in MEDLINE, and of those, over 900 are not found with full text in any version of Academic Search,Health Source or Biomedical Reference Collection. This wide-ranging file contains full text for many of the most used journals in the MEDLINE index - with no embargo. With coverage dating back to 1857 and full-text back to 1865, MEDLINE Complete is the definitive research tool for medical literature.
- OVID Offers a range of different health related databases which contain journal article references. Journal articles are a good source of up-to-date health information and health related research.
- ScienceDirect Over 2,500 peer-review journals and 6,000 e-books published by Elsevier are indexed. This is a scientific database covering the physical, life and health sciences, as well as the social sciences and humanities. Full-text articles are available from 2007.
- Springer Link Access to over 1,200 peer-review full text journals mostly in the medical and engineering disciplines. Most journals are provide PDF of articles from 1996 to present.
- Thieme Medical Description: Thieme is an international medical and science publisher serving health professionals and students. Thieme offers a wide range of health-science journals focusing on neurosurgery, otolaryngology, orthopedic surgery, ophthalmology, radiology, complementary and alternative medicine, audiology and speech and language pathology.
- UpToDate UpToDate is a clinical decision support system that helps clinicians throughout the world provides the best patient care. We use current evidence to answer clinical questions quickly and easily at the point of care. This saves clinicians time, improves outcomes and lowers health care costs.
Selected Journals for RISC5990 RIS Seminar
Copyright © 2016 Alfaisal University Library. All Rights Reserved.
Tel: +966 1 2158948 Fax: +966 1 2157845 Email:email@example.com