Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- About.com: Human Resources
Compiled by a subject specialist it contains original articles and features about human resources management, links, bulletin board and related news and events.
- Free Management Library
Selective free internet resources covering all common management topics including Human Resource Management.
- HRM Guide Network
The HRM Guide Network is an independent, internet-based organization dedicated to the provision of HR-related information, including free articles, features and links with sections covering Australia, Canada, NZ, UK and US.
- Nottingham Business School - Human Resource Management
Selective free internet resources and links.
- Social Science Research Network (SSRN)
Is a world wide collaborative composed of a number of specialized research networks, including accounting, law, economics, management, marketing, accounting, and finance. Search the Abstracts Database for full text research papers.
- Workplace Express
Links to Australian HR/IR professional bodies, industry bodies, legal resources and union pages.
HR Professional Associations
Human Resource Management
- Businessballs. Free management training resources and information. Main topics include marketing, management, leadership, human resource management, teambuilding, personal development, business terminology and more.
- CIPD: Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. Access to current HR information, research reports,HR legislation. Free registration for access to guides and factsheets. Includes access to 'People Management'.
- EIRONLINE . European Industrial Relations Observatory (EIRO), provides news and analysis on European industrial relations. Lookn at 'The Comparative Studies reports' for a range of HR related topics including working times and pay.
- Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion.: Provides EU news, reports, activities, policies, publications and documents.
- Eurofound: European Foundation for the Improvement of living and working Conditions. Provides information, advice and expertise on living and working conditions, industrial relations and managing change in Europe to support EU policy making.
- The European Monitoring Centre on Change (EMCC). An information resource promoting an understanding of changes in the world of work, employment and restructuring.
- European Trade Union Conference (ETUC) A cross-sector trade union organisation recognised by the EU as representing workers at European level. Includes the text of resolutions, press releases, news, documents and current issues.
- European Trade Union Institute (ETUI) This is the research branch of the ETUC. Free full text access to discussion and working papers. Some limited access to other publications
- The European Working Conditions Observatory (EWCO)
- Federation of European Employers (FedEE): This is an organisation for employers operating across Europe. Information available includes sections on human resources, employment law, labour relations, Europe, pay and job evaluation.
- General Federation of Trade Unions (GFTU) Links to all affiliated trade unions and news.
- IES: Institute for Employment Studies UK’s leading independent centre for research and evidence-based consultancy in employment, labour market and human resource policy and practice. Includes access to research and publications.
- Investors in People Details on initiatives, national standards and case studies
- Training Zone Site for training and HR professionals.
- 12manage: HRM Summaries of business methods and models, including HRM.
- Vlearn: Talks on a wide range of business and economic topics by academics, leaders and entrepreneurs
- Working Families The UK’s leading work-life balance organisation. The charity helps working parents and carers and their employers find a better balance between responsibilities at home and work.
Obtaining Further Help
Further help can be obtained via a number of different methods:
- Check the Library home page.
- See the Library staff at the Reference/Circulation desk.
- Use the Ask A Librarian from which we aim to respond to within 2 working days
- Take a Library skills course - see our our Information Lieracy page.
Copyright © 2016 Alfaisal University Library. All Rights Reserved.
Tel: +966 1 2158948 Fax: +966 1 2157845 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org