Skip to main content
- DermAtlas Searchable by diagnoses, categories of disease, and body sites. Hosted by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Dermatology Atlas Alphabetical by condition. Loyola University Dermatology Medical Education Website.
- Dermatology Pictures/Skin Disease Pictures University of Iowa, Hardin MD.
- DermIS The largest dermatology information service on the Internet. It offers image atlases (DOIA and PeDOIA) complete with diagnoses and differential diagnoses, case reports, and additional information on many skin diseases. Created by the Dept. of Clinical Social Medicine (Univ. of Heidelberg) and the Dept. of Dermatology (Univ. of Erlangen).
- DermNet NZ Website of the New Zealand Dermatological Society Incorporated.
- Dermnet Skin Disease Image Atlas University of Nottingham's Centre of Evidence Based Dermatology.
- Global Skin Atlas A joint effort of doctors in various countries to cover the spectrum of skin disease in all skin colors and races. The images may be freely used for self education and for teaching purposes but may not be used in any other medium without permission from the editors.
- Healthopedia Skin, Hair, and Nails Pictures & Images Healthopedia.com has extensive information on over 1,500 health topics including diseases, conditions, tests, symptoms, injuries, surgeries, nutrition, and special topics.
- Interactive Dermatology Atlas Searchable by diagnosis, lesion characteristics, patient demographics, and treatments. Hosted by the Department of Family and Community Medicine of the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio.
- Health Education Assets Library (HEAL) Includes tens of thousands of images, videoclips, presentations and audio files that support health care education. Registration (free) is required to search the database. Copyright restrictions apply.
- MedEdPORTAL Free peer-reviewed collection of health teaching materials. Connect through the link above. By clicking on the “Browse” or “Collections” links at top of page, users can select from a list of video collections available. Copyright restrictions apply.
- Family Medicine Digital Resources Library (FMDRL) Contains peer-reviewed conference presentations, lectures, learning modules, images etc. Copyright restrictions apply.
- Netter Images Collection of medical illustrations by world renowned medical illustrator, Frank H. Netter, MD and physician-artists, John Craig and Carlos Machado. Topics range from human anatomy to clinical disease states to new therapeutic technologies. Copyright restrictions apply.
- Hardin MD - Medical and Disease Pictures The University of Iowa's Hardin Medical Library MD (Metadata Directory) lists free medical images of diseases, conditions, and medical diagrams. Copyright restrictions apply.
- The Visible Human Project Produced by the National Library of Medicine. Contains complete, anatomically detailed, three-dimensional representations of the normal male and female human bodies. Copyright restrictions apply.
- Yale School of Medical Images Collection consists of medical illustrations by YSM MedMedia Group's Director Patrick J. Lynch, and diagnostic images contributed by YSM faculty. Copyright restrictions apply.
- Public Health Image Library Produced by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: collection consists of materials for teaching, presentation, and public health interest. Images and multimedia are organized into categories by people, place, and science. Copyright restrictions apply.
- Health on the Net Media Gallery Produced by Health on the Net Foundation, an international, non-profit foundation dedicated to providing health information on the Internet. A repository of ~6800 medical images and videos. Copyright restrictions apply.
- MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia A service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine, the encyclopedia includes an extensive library of medical photographs and illustrations. Users can search by topic. Copyright restrictions apply.
Dermatology in Saudi Arabia
Obtaining Further Help
Further help can be obtained via a number of different methods:
- Check the Library home page.
- See the Library staff at the Reference/Circulation desk.
- Use the Ask A Librarian from which we aim to respond to within 2 working days
- Take a Library skills course - see our our Information Lieracy page.
Copyright © 2016 Alfaisal University Library. All Rights Reserved.
Tel: +966 1 2158948 Fax: +966 1 2157845 Email:email@example.com