Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Accounting Related Websites
I. Standards - United States
- AICPA: American Institute of Certified Public Accountants issues auditing and other standards for the profession, most particularly the Statements on Auditing Standards.
- FASAB: Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board.
- FASB: The Financial Accounting Standards Board sets authoritative standards for the US private sector.
- GASB: The Governmental Accounting Standards Board sets authoritative standards for US government accounting.
- IMA: Institute of Management Accountants publishes Statements on Management Accounting, many of which are available in print.
- PCAOB: Public Company Accounting Oversight Board was created by the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and establishes auditing and related attestation, quality control, ethics, and independence standards and rules to be used by registered public accounting firms. Standards are available online.
- SEC: Securities and Exchange Commission administers and enforces the securities laws of the United States including issuing rules and releases regulating financial reporting of public companies. EDGAR documents available at this site.
II. Standards - Rest of the World
- ASB: Accounting Standards Board (United Kingdom).
- CICA: Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants supports the setting of accounting, auditing and assurance standards for business, not-for-profit organizations and government. It issues guidance on control and governance, publishes professional literature, and represents the CA profession nationally and internationally.
- FRC: The Financial Reporting Council comprises the Accounting Standards Board, Auditing Practices Board, and many other UK accounting bodies.
- IASB: International Accounting Standards Board is the leading promulgator of international accounting standards. Summaries of IASB Standards are also available on their Website. Further information about IASB Standards and other documents are available through the IAS Plus site.
- IFAC: International Federation of Accountants also issues international standards.
Accounting Professional Associations
Handbooks and Dictionaries
Accounting in Saudi Arabia
Obtaining Further Help
Further help can be obtained via a number of different methods:
- Check the Library home page.
- See the Library staff at the Reference/Circulation desk.
- Use the Ask A Librarian from which we aim to respond to within 2 working days
- Take a Library skills course - see our our Information Lieracy page.
Copyright © 2016 Alfaisal University Library. All Rights Reserved.
Tel: +966 1 2158948 Fax: +966 1 2157845 Email:email@example.com