Skip to Main Content
How to Find Specific Journal
Go to the Library Homepage
Click on E-Journal Finder
You can search our E-journal Finder by exact title of the journal “Title begins with” or by one word in the journal title “Title contains” or you can use “Browse e-journals by subject” and click on the drop box and select your subject
Google Scholar is a freely-accessible Web search engine that indexes the full text of scholarly literature across an array of publishing formats and disciplines
How to Find Articles & Journals in the Library
Library databases are used to locate references to journal articles, newspaper articles, chapters of books, research reports, book reviews, and conference proceedings. When choosing a database to search you may want to consider geographic coverage, subject specialization, availability of full-text and time period coverage. Library staff can assist you with choosing databases and finding information for your topic. The Library Subject Guides provide you with a quick start list of databases relevant to your subject area.
Tips for Better Database Searching
- define keywords
- direction words
- limit words
- linking search terms
- complex searches
- too much information
- not enough information
Librarians can also help you with any questions you have. Speak with them in person or send a query online to Ask A librarian
Selected Databases for Science
- Applied Science & Technology Full Text (H.W. Wilson) Applied Science & Technology Full Text™ contains indexing and abstracts for nearly 800 core English-language, scientific and technical publications back to 1983. Full text of articles is available from more than 220 periodicals dating back to 1997. Content includes coverage of a wide variety of applied science specialties—acoustics to aeronautics, neural networks to nuclear and civil engineering, computers and informatics and much more.
- BioMedCentral BioMed Central is an STM (Science, Technology and Medicine) publisher of 220 open access, online, peer-reviewed journals. The portfolio of journals spans all areas of biology and medicine and includes broad interest titles, such as BMC Biology and BMC Medicine alongside specialist journals, such as Retrovirology and BMC Genomics.
- Computer Science Index Computer Science Index offers abstracting and indexing of academic journals, professional publications, and other reference sources at the highest scholarly and technical levels of computer science. The collection covers more than 6,500 periodicals and books, with coverage going back to the mid-1960s.
- CINAHL Plus® with Full Text CINAHL Plus® with Full Text is the world's most comprehensive source of full text for nursing & allied health journals, providing full text for more than 770 journals indexed in CINAHL®. This authoritative file contains full text for many of the most used journals in the CINAHL index – with no embargo. CINAHL Plus with Full Text is the definitive research tool for all areas of nursing and allied health literature.
- EBSCOhost Research Databases EBSCO is a multidisciplinary database covering the social sciences, business and engineering disciplines.
- Environment Index Description: Environment Index contains more than 2.4 million records from more than 2,200 domestic and international titles going back to the 1888 (including more than 1,350 active core titles) as well as more than 200 monographs. Environment Index also features an in-depth thesaurus, and author profiles will be provided for 6,500
- IOP - Science Journal articles from the Institute of Physics.
- ScienceDirect Over 2,500 peer-review journals and 6,000 e-books published by Elsevier are indexed. This is a scientific database covering the physical, life and health sciences, as well as the social sciences and humanities. Full-text articles are available from 2007.
- ProQuest Central ProQuest Central is the largest, multidisciplinary, full-text database available in the market today. This resource provides access to 27 of ProQuest's most highly used databases, with a variety of content types across over 160 subjects, making this the broadest single research resource in the world
- IEEE The IEEE/IET provides access to full text articles published since 1988 with select content published since 1893 from IEEE journals, transactions, and magazines, including early access documents; IEEE conference proceedings; IET journals (formerly IEE); IET conference proceedings. IEEE published standards and redlines versions and IEEE draft standards. IEEE Standards Dictionary Online. IEEE eLearning Library: all IEEE educational courses through the IEEE Learning Management System.
Selected Journals for Chemistry
Copyright © 2016 Alfaisal University Library. All Rights Reserved.
Tel: +966 1 2158948 Fax: +966 1 2157845 Email:email@example.com