Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
End of Life Care & Geriatrics Related Websites
End of Life Care :
- DSPD Ageing
- Canadian Virtual Hospice
- Supporting good end-of-life My Home Life
- Quality care at the end of life in residential aged care Palliative Care Australia
- Find a Hospice or Palliative Care Program
- Hospicenet.org Offers a wealth of information on finding services, talking to children, becoming a caregiver, bereavement, and more for patients and families facing life-threatening illness.
- Hospice Care Basic information for cancer patients on what hospice care is, how to find it, who pays for it, choosing the right facility, and more.
- On Our Own Terms: Moyers on Dying Bill Moyers goes from the bedsides of the dying, to the front lines of a movement to improve end-of-life care. Two years in production, this four-part, six-hour series crosses the country from hospitals to hospices to homes, to capture some of the most intimate stories ever filmed and the most candid conversations ever shared with a television audience. The series was produced by Public Affairs Television, Inc. and presented on PBS by Thirteen/WNET New York.
- The Carolinas Center for Hospice and End of Life Care Hospice for the Carolinas was formed when Hospice of North Carolina and Hospice of South Carolina combined their resources by merging in 1993. With over 100 hospice programs in both states, and over 50 associate members, the Center is a comprehensive resource to improve hospice, palliative, and end-of-life care, while promoting recognition of the dying process and death as a natural part of life.
- Advance Directives (North Carolina Health Care Facilities Association) Consumer focused patient rights document on medical decisions, advanced directives and what you should know about your rights. Specifically geared towards how advance directives work in North Carolina.
- With Eyes Open a four-part national series that is designed to spark community conversations about grief, mortality, caregiving and the afterlife. The series was produced by Public Affairs Television, Inc. and presented on PBS.
- Nursing Home Compare Welcome to Nursing Home Compare. This tool has detailed information about every Medicare and Medicaid-certified nursing home in the country. Before you get started, you or your family member may have other long-term care choices like community-based services, home care, or assisted living depending on your needs and resources.
Clinical Practice & Education Resources :
End of Life Care & Geriatrics Professional Associations
Professional associations can be a goldmine of information about a topic. Although some of the resources may only be open to members, there is usually lots of available content.
End of Life Care & Geriatrics Related Statistical Information
- AgingStats.Gov Website from the Federal Interagency Forum on Aging Related Statistics
- CDC Healthy Aging Data, statistics and reports from the CDC about aging
- AOA Aging Statistics Main AOA statistics page, including census data, future projections and information on minority aging.
- AOA AGing Integrated Database The AGing Integrated Database (AGID) is an on-line query system based on Administration of Aging-related data files and surveys. The system allows users to create tables and reports that meet their needs.
- Older Americans 2010 Report from the Federal Interagency Forum on Aging-Related Statistcs
End of Life Care & Geriatrics in The GCC States
Obtaining Further Help
Further help can be obtained via a number of different methods:
- Check the Library home page.
- See the Library staff at the Reference/Circulation desk.
- Use the Ask A Librarian from which we aim to respond to within 2 working days
- Take a Library skills course - see our our Information Lieracy page.
Copyright © 2016 Alfaisal University Library. All Rights Reserved.
Tel: +966 1 2158948 Fax: +966 1 2157845 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org