Skip to Main Content
How to Find Specific Journal
Go to the Library Homepage
Click on E-Journal Finder
You can search our E-journal Finder by exact title of the journal “Title begins with” or by one word in the journal title “Title contains” or you can use “Browse e-journals by subject” and click on the drop box and select your subject
Google Scholar is a freely-accessible Web search engine that indexes the full text of scholarly literature across an array of publishing formats and disciplines
How to Find Articles & Journals in the Library
Library databases are used to locate references to journal articles, newspaper articles, chapters of books, research reports, book reviews, and conference proceedings. When choosing a database to search you may want to consider geographic coverage, subject specialization, availability of full-text and time period coverage. Library staff can assist you with choosing databases and finding information for your topic. The Library Subject Guides provide you with a quick start list of databases relevant to your subject area.
Tips for Better Database Searching
- define keywords
- direction words
- limit words
- linking search terms
- complex searches
- too much information
- not enough information
Librarians can also help you with any questions you have. Speak with them in person or send a query online to Ask A librarian
Selected Databases for Humanities & Social Sciences
- Academic Search Complete Description: Academic Search Complete is the world's most valuable and comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. In addition to full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, conference proceedings, etc.
- Cambridge Journals Full Collection Cambridge University Press currently publishes over 300 peer-reviewed academic journals for the global market containing the latest research from a broad sweep of subject areas.
- Communication & Mass Media Complete Description: Communication & Mass Media Complete offers cover-to-cover ("core") indexing and abstracts for more than 570 journals, and selected ("priority") coverage of nearly 200 more, for a combined coverage of more than 770 titles. Furthermore, this database includes full text for over 450 journals.
- Directory of Open Access Journals Directory of Open Access Journals is a service that provides access to quality controlled Open Access Journals in all subject areas.
- Hospitality & Tourism Index Description: Hospitality & Tourism Index is a bibliographic database covering scholarly research and industry news relating to all areas of hospitality and tourism. This comprehensive database contains more than 749,000 records from nearly 650 titles, with coverage dating as far back as 1965.
- Humanities International Index Description: Humanities International Index is a comprehensive database covering journals, books and other important reference sources in the humanities. Produced by Whitston Publishing (an imprint of EBSCO Publishing), Humanities International Index provides cover-to-cover indexing and abstracts for more than 2,300 journals and contains more than 2.9 million records.
- Oxford Reference: Oxford Quick Reference Cross-searchable dictionary, language reference, and subject reference e-books published by Oxford University Press and the Oxford Companions Series
- ProQuest Central ProQuest Central is the largest, multidisciplinary, full-text database available in the market today. This resource provides access to 27 of ProQuest's most highly used databases, with a variety of content types across over 160 subjects, making this the broadest single research resource in the world.
Selected Journals for ENG102 Freshman English II
Copyright © 2016 Alfaisal University Library. All Rights Reserved.
Tel: +966 1 2158948 Fax: +966 1 2157845 Email:email@example.com