Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Virtual Libraries and Health Organizations
- Gates Foundation Global Health Page (free Web resource) Portal to information about the global health programs of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, which is one of the world's leading philanthropic organizations. Web page identifies focus areas for grant funding, namely interventions to reduce diseases th
- Public Health Infrastructure Resource Center (free Web resource) Resources for individuals who want to strengthen the United States public health infrastructure, which is defined as the "network of people, agencies, services, knowledge, regulations, and equipment." Includes resources for increasing investment in a publ
- Public Health Resources on the Internet (free Web resource) Wide assortment of online public health resources, organized by the Sheldon Margen Public Health Library of the University of California, Berkeley. Resources are grouped into logical categories, such as "Disability Resources" and "Reproductive Health Reso
- World Federation of Public Health Associations (free Web resource)
- World Health Organization (WHO) (free Web resource) Home page of the World Health Organization, the United Nations specialized agency for health. Founded in 1948, WHO's mission is "the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health."
- BIREME Virtual Library (free Web resource) Portal to medical literature, health data and news from Latin America. Most pages are in English, but some pages may only be in Spanish or Portuguese.
- Community Solutions Provides research, analysis, and advocacy to improve the health, social, and economic conditions for all Ohioans, with a focus on Northeast Ohio. Includes reports and statistics on health and healthcare issues.
- National Center for Health Statistics
- FASTSTATS from the CDC
- CDC Data & Statistics by Topic
- Ohio Department of Health Data & Statistics From Vital Statistics to Environmental Licensing.
- Community Health Status Indicators Reports county level statistics. From United States Department of Health & Human Services.
- Kaiser State Health Facts
- Health Care Quality Reports (AHRQ) Links to National Healthcare Quality Reports, National Healthcare Disparities Reports, Quality Indicators, and more!
- World Health Organization Global Health Observatory WHO's portal providing access to data and analyses for monitoring the global health situation.
- American FactFinder Your source for population, housing, economic, and geographic information from the U.S. Census Bureau. Includes data from the Decennial Census, the American Community Survey, and more!
- 2010 U.S. Census -- People and Households Data You name it, it is here.
Professional and Research Websites
Obtaining Further Help
Further help can be obtained via a number of different methods:
- Check the Library home page.
- See the Library staff at the Reference/Circulation desk.
- Use the Ask A Librarian from which we aim to respond to within 2 working days
- Take a Library skills course - see our our Information Lieracy page.
Copyright © 2016 Alfaisal University Library. All Rights Reserved.
Tel: +966 1 2158948 Fax: +966 1 2157845 Email:email@example.com