Skip to Main Content
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- search popular protein and nucleic acid sequence databases with integrated analysis and modelling tools and tutorials
- European Bioinformatics Institute: EMBL - databases including nucleic acid, protein and macromolecular structures
- GenomeNet - includes the Kyoto Encyclopedia of Genes and Genomes (KEGG) with the LIGAND database for enzyme reactions and metabolic and regulatory pathways data
Molecular Biology Database List
- annual listing and review of molecular biology database resources appearing in the first issue of each volume of Nucleic Acids Research
. Essential reference.
National Center for Biotechnology Information
- one of the great biochemistry and molecular biology websites offering free databases and information on molecular processes affecting human health and disease. Resources include PubMed, GenBank, gene taxonomy database, 3D structural databases, OMIM, Blast, Entrez, EMBL, DDBJ, PIR, SWISS-PROT, PRF, PDB and many more. It's too big to describe - just go there!
- Sequence Analysis Resources for Molecular Biologists - from the Baylor College of Medicine Human Genome Sequencing Center
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology website
- Biofind: Insight for the Biotech Industry: This site includes the Biotech Rumor Mill, Biotech Jobs, Events, Chat, Business and Innovations.
- Bioinformatics FAQ
- LifeSciencesWorld: A site containing news, job listings and a directory to biotechnology resources on the internet.
- Dictionary of Cell Biology: Quick access to easily-understood and cross-referenced definitions of terms frequently encountered in reading the modern biology literature.
- Glossary of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology: by David M. Glick.
- Genetics Virtual Library: Established by the Oak Ridge National Laboratory. Contains many sites on Genome projects.
- Genome: Searchable database of elements of the human genome, including genome regions, variations, and genome maps. Note that the database does not include human sequence data or raw mapping data.
- GrainGenes: A compilation of molecular and phenotypic information on wheat, barley, oats, rye, and sugarcane. The project is supported by the USDA/NAL Plant Genome Research Program.
- Handbooks and Protocols Online
- Harvard Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology: Sponsored by the National Human Genome Research Institute, this site includes information about the goals, staff, funding, and recent developments in regards to the Human Genome Project.
- The Human Genome Project: Sponsored by the National Human Genome Research Institute, this site includes information about the goals, staff, funding, and recent developments in regards to the Human Genome Project.
- Molecular Biology Protocols
- Protein Data Bank (PDB): Education Resources
- National Center for Biotechnology Information: Education Page
- Virtual Library of Developmental Biology: Produced by the Society for Developmental Biology. Contains links to sites on gene regulation and genetics, cell lineage and fate maps, and evolution and development.
Biochemisty and Molecular Biology Topics
Obtaining Further Help
Further help can be obtained via a number of different methods:
- Check the Library home page.
- See the Library staff at the Reference/Circulation desk.
- Use the Ask A Librarian from which we aim to respond to within 2 working days
- Take a Library skills course - see our our Information Lieracy page.
Copyright © 2016 Alfaisal University Library. All Rights Reserved.
Tel: +966 1 2158948 Fax: +966 1 2157845 Email:email@example.com