Skip to Main Content
Pediatrics Related Websites
- Bright Futures From Georgetown University, Bright Futures is a national initiative to promote desired social, developmental, and health outcomes of infants, children, and adolescents.
- Child Abuse Contains criteria for child abuse under Iowa law, contact information, and policies for mandatory reporting. From the State of Iowa Department of Human Services.
- ClinicalTrials.gov ClinicalTrials.gov provides regularly updated information about federally and privately supported clinical research in human volunteers.
- Community Health Needs Assessment The Iowa Department of Public Health makes these needs assessments available for every county in Iowa. They describe the health of the community, including statistics on health status, community health needs, and epidemiologic data.
- Community Pediatrics From the American Academy of Pediatrics, this site provides information on community-based initiatives, health services, services for children with special needs, and an extensive resources and links directory.
- Developmental Milestones: "Act Early" This resource from the CDC provides developmental milestones for the ages 3 months to 5 years, including social, emotional, cognitive and sensory markers.
- eMedicine Pediatrics Medical Reference This commercial resource includes review articles on hundreds of diseases and disorders.
- GeneralPediatrics.com The goal of GeneralPediatrics.com is to provide a starting point for entry into General Pediatrics places of enlightenment and education on the Internet.
- HEALTHmap HEALTHmap creates a unified and comprehensive view of the current global state of infectious diseases and their effect on human and animal health. Please note that the data sources used are of varying reliability.
- Iowa's Child Passenger Safety Network This site from Blank Children's Hospital is a resource for parents, caregivers, and certified child passenger safety technicians. It includes information on child safety seats and restraint guidelines.
- Med Ed Portal A collection of resources produced by the AAMC that aims to promote collaboration and enhance access to peer reviewed teaching resources. Some examples of types of material are as follows: tutorials, virtual patients, simulation cases, lab guides, videos, podcasts, assessment tools.
- National Sudden and Unexpected Infant/Child Death & Pregnancy Loss Resource Center This Resource Center from Georgetown University serves as a gateway to critical information on risk reduction, prevention, and bereavement for pregnancy loss, stillbirth, and sudden unexpected infant and child death.
- Pediatric SuperSite
- SearchingPediatrics.com Searching pediatric peer-reviewed information from AAP, AMA GAPS, Bright Futures, Brown Pediatric Surgery Handbook, CDC Yellow Book, DSM-IV-TR, eMedicine, Epocrates, FDA Orange Book, Hopkins Dermatology Images, Iowa Neonatology Handbook, and others.
- Travelers' Health The National Center for Infectious Diseases created this site containing data on outbreaks, vaccines, diseases, and health-related travel advice.
- Virtual Pediatric Hospital This digital library contains information for both health professionals and patients.
Pediatric Professional Associations
Pediatric Physical Examination
- Diagnosing Otitis Media — Otoscopy and Cerumen Removal
From the New England Journal of Medicine's Videos in Clinical Medicine series.
- Evaluating the Child for Sexual Abuse
American Family Physician
- Examination of the Newborn
Auckland District Health Board
A detailed textual description of the newborn physical examination.
- Online Physical Exam Teaching Assistant: A Pediatric Companion
University of Florida College of Medicine
This multimedia site uses video and text to demonstrate the pediatric physical examinations from the infant (newborn-12 months) to the toddler (1-4 years), the child (4-10 years) and the adolescent (10-18
- Pediatric Eye and Vision Examination
American Optometric Association
Text-based eye examination guidelines for a variety of age groups.
- Pediatric Physical Examination
A 20 minute video on performing the pediatric physical examination.
University of Utah
This comprehensive page includes videos, text and quizzes on the mental status, cranial nerve, coordination, sensory, motor and gait exams.
- The Newborn Examination: Part I. Emergencies and Common Abnormalities Involving the Skin, Head, Neck, Chest, and Respiratory and Cardiovascular Systems
American Family Physician
- The Newborn Examination: Part II. Emergencies and Common Abnormalities Involving the Abdomen, Pelvis, Extremities, Genitalia, and Spine
American Family Physician
Pediatrics in Saudi Arabia
Obtaining Further Help
Further help can be obtained via a number of different methods:
- Check the Library home page.
- See the Library staff at the Reference/Circulation desk.
- Use the Ask A Librarian from which we aim to respond to within 2 working days
- Take a Library skills course - see our our Information Lieracy page.
Copyright © 2016 Alfaisal University Library. All Rights Reserved.
Tel: +966 1 2158948 Fax: +966 1 2157845 Email:email@example.com