Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Philosophy Related Websites
E-Texts and Papers
Blogs and Podcasts
Discussion Lists (Listservs)
Conferences / Events
Fun and Humor
Philosophy Resources on the Internet
Perseus Digital Library One of the premier sites to find texts from and resources for doing research in the Classical era.
Philosophy Bites Features some 140 conversations, around 15 minutes long, with leading professional philosophers chiefly in the US and Britain.
PHILWEB A variety of resources, both 'off-line' (such as bibliographies, definitions, and surveys of theorists, regions and topics) and 'on-line' (links to relevant URLs).
- ADHO | Alliance of Digital Humanities Organizations The Alliance of Digital Humanities Organizations (ADHO) promotes and supports digital research and teaching across all arts and humanities disciplines, acting as a community-based advisory force, and supporting excellence in research, publication, collaboration and training.
- Ancient Philosophy Society
- Applied Ethics Resources on World Wide Web
- Bioethics Information Resources
- Cambridge Forum for Legal and Political Philosophy
- Center for Advanced Research in Phenomenology
- Continental Philosophy
- Culturomics Provides access to billions of words via the Google book data digitization project and software developed by scholars. For more information, see the entry for "Trending Terms, Digital Books & Historical Data Crunching" on the Audio Archives page of the English and American literature library guide.
- David Hume links
- Digital Humanities Now Digital Humanities Now is a real-time, crowdsourced publication. It takes the pulse of the digital humanities community and tries to discern what articles, blog posts, projects, tools, collections, and announcements are worthy of greater attention.
- Early Modern Texts - Philosophers and Philosophy Topics
- Encyclopedia of Indian Philosophies
- Erratic Impact: The Philosophy Research Base
- Ethics Updates Home Page
- European Graduate School (EGS) Videos and video clips of lectures, sessions, and interviews at European Graduate School (EGS), Media and Communication Studies Department, Saas-Fee, Switzerland, Europe.
- European Graduate School (EGS) in Switzerland Interviews with Jacques Derrida concerning forgiveness.
- Free Online Classes | Online Learning | Academic Earth
- Georgetown Bioethics Library | ETHXWeb Basic Search
- Guide to Philosophy on the Internet
- Harvard course: Justice (Political philosophy) | Xenophilious | Culture
- Home Page of the Hegel Society of America
- Humanities Web - Philosophy
- Husserl Page
- Immanuel Kant links
- International Kierkegaard Information
- Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy "A peer-reviewed academic resource."
- Introduction to Political Philosophy | Yale Video Course This course is intended as an introduction to political philosophy as seen through an examination of some of the major texts and thinkers of the Western political tradition.
- Islamic Philosophy Online
- Jean Baudrillard. Violence of the Image. 2004 Role of violence in culture and society.
- Kant on the Web
- Living in the End Times According to Slavoj Zizek VPRO International series "Backlight".
- Mediaeval Web Pages
- Meta-Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- MindPapers - A Bibliography of the Philosophy of Mind and the Science of Consciousness
- MIT OpenCourseWare | Political Philosophy
- Necessarily Eternal - A Catablog of (All) Things Spinoza
- NEH Office of Digital Humanities The Office of Digital Humanities (ODH) is an office within the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH). Our primary mission is to help coordinate the NEH's efforts in the area of digital scholarship. As in the sciences, digital technology has changed the way scholars perform their work. It allows new questions to be raised and has radically changed the ways in which materials can be searched, mined, displayed, taught, and analyzed.
Nietzsche Source – Home
The Digitale Kritische Gesamtausgabe Werke und Briefe (eKGWB) is the digital version of the German reference edition of Nietzsche’s works, posthumous fragments, and correspondence edited by Giorgio Colli and Mazzino Montinari (Friedrich Nietzsche, Werke. Kritische Gesamtausgabe, Berlin/New York, de Gruyter, 1967– and Nietzsche Briefwechsel. Kritische Gesamtausgabe, Berlin/New York, de Gruyter, 1975–). The eKGWB is edited by Paolo D’Iorio and published by Nietzsche Source.
- Noesis: Philosophical Research On-line
- North American Kant Society - Home
- North American Nietzsche Society @ Illinois
- Peeters Online Bibliographies
- Perseus Collection of Greek Texts
- Philosophical Dictionary
- Philosophy Digital Library
- Philosophy in Cyberspace
- Philosophy News
- Philosophy Talk Archive of radio interviews.
- Philosophy Web Resources
- PhilPapers: Online Research in Philosophy
- Philweb Bibliographical Archive - Rene Descartes
- SACP - Society for Asian and Comparative Philosophy
- Santayana Today: The Santayana Society
- Schopenhauer-Archive, Universitätsbibliothek Frankfurt am Main
- Selected Early Modern Philosophy Texts
- SKS · Søren Kierkegaards Skrifter Searchable full-text edition of Kierkegaard's writings.
- Slavoj Zizek. Materialism and Theology Lecture on contemporary cultural and philosophical issues.
- The Bertrand Russell Archives
- The Charles S. Peirce Society
- The Determinism and Freedom Philosophy Website
- The Hume Society
- The North American Fichte Society
- The North American Wittgenstein Society
- The Rorty Discussion with Donald Davidson Discussion of epistemology, language, and meaning.
- The Society for German Idealism
- The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- THE STONE - Opinionator - NYTimes.com The Stone features the writing of contemporary philosophers on issues both timely and timeless. The series moderator is Simon Critchley, who teaches philosophy at The New School for Social Research in New York.
- The Victorian Web: An Overview
- The Wittgenstein Archives at the University of Bergen (WAB)
- TPM Online: The Philosophers' Magazine
- United Kingdom Sartrean Society
- William James Cybrary
- Wordtrade.com Home Review Essays of Academic, Professional & Technical Books in the Humanities & Sciences.
Islamic Philosophy Online
Obtaining Further Help
Further help can be obtained via a number of different methods:
- Check the Library home page.
- See the Library staff at the Reference/Circulation desk.
- Use the Ask A Librarian from which we aim to respond to within 2 working days
- Take a Library skills course - see our our Information Lieracy page.
Copyright © 2016 Alfaisal University Library. All Rights Reserved.
Tel: +966 1 2158948 Fax: +966 1 2157845 Email:email@example.com