Skip to main content
Useful Websites for Anatomy and Physiology
- CDC Center for Disease Control.
- Drugs.com Drugs.com provides accurate and independent information on more than 24,000 prescription drugs, over-the-counter medicines & natural products. This material is provided for educational purposes only and is not to be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
- Health Finder A government web site where you will find information and tools to help you stay healthy.
- Healthy People Healthy People provides science-based, 10-year national objectives for improving the health of all Americans.
- Lippincott's Nursing Center Lippincott's NursingCenter.com is the premier destination site for clinical and professional informational needs.
- National Institute of Health NIH is nation’s medical research agency.
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine National Network of Libraries of Medicine - Web Sampler of Resources for Nursing Professionals
- WebMD WebMD provides valuable health information.
Anatomical Pathology (general)
- Hardin Simulation Center Hardin has many simulation devices available to help practice basic skills. A list of those available can be found by clicking on this link.
- Cyber Anatomy 3D This interactive software allows students to dissect and explore the human anatomy in 3D.
- Anatquest:Anatomic Images Online The U.S. National Library of Medicine's Visible Human Project has produced high resolution (4096 x 2048 x 24 bits) cryosectional color images of human anatomy. The Lister Hill National Center for Biomedical Communications, an R&D division of the NLM, through its Communications Engineering Branch, has created a database for this image dataset as well as for 3D rendered images of anatomic objects created from cryosectional images (cross-sections or slices).
- E-anatomy: Human anatomy, medical imaging, and illustrations This website allows users to see images and illustrations of various parts of the anatomy. Several portions can be accessed for free while some others require a subscription. Registration is also required.
- Google Body Google provides a 3D model of the human body. Using this program you can look at various parts of the anatomy and share what you are seeing with others by copying the URL. Must have google chrome or another compatible browser installed on computer.
- Human Anatomy Online Allows the user to pick a body system and click on various parts to learn more about it.
- The Visible Human Project® The Visible Human Project® is an outgrowth of the NLM's 1986 Long-Range Plan. It is the creation of complete, anatomically detailed, three-dimensional representations of the normal male and female human bodies. Acquisition of transverse CT, MR and cryosection images of representative male and female cadavers has been completed. The male was sectioned at one millimeter intervals, the female at one-third of a millimeter intervals. Source: National Library of Medicince Website
- eSkeletons eSkeletons allows users to select a skeleton and view various bones including morphology, insertions, and origins of these bones. There is also a PDA source available for download. Source:University of Texas at Austin
- Inner Body This free website provides labeled images of different parts of the human body including skeletal, digestive, muscular, lymphatic, endocrine, etc.
- The Second Look Series The Second Look series is free a self-review and evaluation tool for learners who are about to take a histology quiz or exam. The files review the important material in a concise question style. For best use, open the file within the Power Point program and run it as a slideshow. Also available for the iPad (but only connective tissue comes free and preloaded).
Anatomy & Physiology Image & Videos Collection Gallery
ental procedures and oral diseases affecting the mouth
Disorders of the brain such as types of dementia including Alzheimer's disease
Anatomy and Physiology projects
Need a website for your A&P project? Here are some good places to look:
- New York Times Science Section New York Times Science has the latest news and updates regarding a variety of scientific topics.
- Inner Body Site contains cross sections and breakdowns of each body system.
- Zygote Body 3d representation of the human body. Allows layers to be removed, zoomed in on, and clicked to see the name of each organ. Requires Firefox, Safari, or Chrome browser.
- Grey's Anatomy via Bartleby Digitized version of the classic Grey's Anatomy book.
- Cells Alive Diagrams and enlarged images of human cells.
- eSkeletons Photographs and comparisons of human and primate bones and skeletons.
Obtaining Further Help
Further help can be obtained via a number of different methods:
- Check the Library home page.
- See the Library staff at the Reference/Circulation desk.
- Use the Ask A Librarian from which we aim to respond to within 2 working days
- Take a Library skills course - see our our Information Lieracy page.
Copyright © 2016 Alfaisal University Library. All Rights Reserved.
Tel: +966 1 2158948 Fax: +966 1 2157845 Email:email@example.com